The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India. It is established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 which came into effect on 23 December 1986. The organization was formerly the Indian Standards Institution (ISI). It is engaged in the preparation and implementation of standards, Sale of Standards & Publications, operation of certification schemes both for products and systems, organization and management of testing laboratories, training activities, creating consumer awareness and maintaining close liaison with international standards bodies. It provides the India specific standards relevant for electronic health record implementation by vendors dealing with clinical data.
- IS/ISO 18308:2011 Health Informatics - Requirements for an Electronic Health Record Architecture
- IS/ISO 13606 Health informatics - Electronic Health Record Communication
- IS/ISO 27799 Health informatics - Information Security Management in Health using ISO/IEC 27002
- IS/ISO 22600:2014 Health informatics - Privilege Management and Access Control
- IS/ISO 27789:2013 Health informatics - Audit trails for Electronic Health Records
- IS/ISO 17090 Health informatics - Public Key Infrastructure
Information to Get Electronic Health Record (EHR) Standards for India is available at the Get Standard